Since it's been a while, I'll do an update blog. What's new with Norah?
- She can go down the big slide at the park, much to my chagrin.
- She can say "Yes," although she vastly prefers "No."
- Other new words: pickle, buckle, blankie, suck (nice one, Heather), thanks, and sky.
- She really into dancing lately, and dances like the gal on Flashdance. She's a maniac! She is also bringing back Boyz II Men's "Motownphillly." Finally!
- She was brave enough to run through the sprinkler yesterday!
- She has a new Cookie Monster toothbrush, because apparently we felt she wasn't obsessed enough with brushing her teeth. Now we get full-blown tantrums after we cut her off after three baby toothpaste refills.
- Speaking of, she can say her first sentence! "I nee MO!" Translation: "I need MORE!"
- Daycare dropoffs have been tremendously better. One time, there were even no tears. It was awesome! And now instead of them saying "She needed a lot of hugs today" (translation: "She had a shitty day."), they say she had FUN! Woo hoo!
- The lead teacher in The Toddler Room just put her two weeks in! She is going to be a bill collector instead. That seems a hell of a lot more fitting to her personality. Peace out.
- I discovered last night that perhaps the reason she doesn't go back to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night is her new air purifier. While it cleans the air and provides soothing white noise, blocking out the neighbor's great dane, the two red lights and glowing blue grill in front makes it look like the Devil is staring at her. I went into her room at 4 am and she just pointed and said "Eyes! Eyes!" Ok. That would keep me up, too. Let's turn that thing around.
That's all for now! Have a great holiday weekend.