This is just a short list of things my perfect angel does that makes my heart want to explode with pride/love/joy/etc. In case you want to know. Warning: this may get cheesy.
1. Says "poop" and laughs.
2. Spins until dizzy and then falls down and laughs.
3. Points to things that belong to either Ryan or I and says "Mama" and "Dada" accordingly. For example, she points to the Subaru and says "Dada." The Oldsmobile is "Mama." Diet Coke is "Mama." Dirty old jacket is "Dada."
4. She loves books. Adores them. And lately she especially loves one entitled Mommy Hugs.
5. She can say "more" and sign it, too. And when she's really desperate, like for more yogurt melts or Cookie Monster videos on the computer, she signs "please." I can't say no.
6. When she really likes what she's eating, she does a little dance in her highchair. My pal, Celine, hums or kind of bops around when she's eating good food, so it makes me smile.
7. She actually gets excited to wash her hands.
8. She just learned that hugs are good, and when she goes to hug you, she collapses into you very dramatically and throws her head back to see your face.
9. When she wakes up in the morning, she looks at you like she hasn't seen you in eons and is in complete bliss.
10. She shares her nuk and treats with her doll and stuffed animals.
11. When she sees Ryan and I hugging, she has to get in on the action. She runs over for a group hug.
12. She always points things out to me, like at the grandparents' or at daycare, as if she doesn't want me to miss anything cool. Hey, Mom, look at that lightswitch!
13. And I should stop. I could go on for eternity.
Thanks for indulging me.