Monday, February 21, 2011

Norah's Favorite Things

Sometimes I forget that this place is not just for venting. I also want to preserve the good memories of this age, because I will clearly be repressing a lot of memories (sleepless nights, ear infections, explosive... well, you know), and who knows how repression really works. I don't want to lose something adorable. So here's a list of Norah's favorite things as of now, at two years and two months.

1. Bear Bear, blanket.
2. Books: Big Cat, Big Hat, Sharing Time, and Goodnight Farm.
3. TV: Dora the Explorer, Wonder Pets, and The Cat in the Hat.
4. Pretending Ryan and I are her cats, and we crawl around and meow and get into mischief she she can scold us ("No eat that, Kitty! That's yucky!").
5. Playing house/zoo animals.
6. Owls.
7. Songs: Sugarland's "Stuck Like Glue," Black Eyed Peas, "I Gotta Feelin," and "Where is Thumbkin?"
8. Food: fish sticks dipped in applesauce, noodles, and happy days (sweets).
9. Playing nest (we construct a nest out of a large blanket and pretend we're either birds or we catch birds flying around the living room).
10. The moon.
11. First swear: "Goddamn it." (Heh heh- it was Ryan, not me)
12. Jumping in her crib.
13. Washing hands and brushing teeth (specially with her new Scooby-Do brush).
14. Play-doh.
15. Art projects.
16. Hide-and-seek (her version of it, anyway).
17. Minta (her friend, Samantha).
18. Bath paints, bath crayons.
19. Catching snowflakes on her tongue.
20. Her family.

That's all for now! I'm sure there's much more. She loves life.

No comments:

Post a Comment